Thank you for considering volunteering to help with Child and Youth Catechesis at St. Michael! St. Michael the Archangel Seeks to provide authentic and joy-filled encounters of the Gospel for all its children.
PSR Volunteer Opportunities:
- Main Catechist: Provides the lesson planning and structure for the year, based on the Diocesan Curriculum Standards.
- Classroom Aide: Assists the main catechist with classroom management, and lesson implementation.
- Hall/Door Monitor: Watches the doors to let families in at the beginning and end of PSR classes; monitors the halls during the class times to provide extra security support, assist the teachers with requests, and keeps DRE informed of any important needs.
- Youth Leaders: We welcome High School volunteers to assist in our classrooms!
In order to protect our children and to put your gifts to best use, we do have a number of requirements:
- Per diocesan policy, all adult volunteers that minister to or with children need to complete a Protecting God’s Children course and have a Background Check on file with the Diocese of Columbus. Please see our Safe Environment page for details. High School students do not need to complete this step.
- Review the policies (attached below) and the information for the program(s) you are interested in helping.
- Complete a Volunteer Form (below) and submit to [email protected]. NOTE: there are different forms for High School student volunteers and Adult (18+) volunteers.
- Set up a time to meet with the Director of Religious Education to discuss your gifts and intentions and determine what volunteer opportunity would be best.
If you feel called to “Rise Up Now!” and teach or volunteer, or if you have any questions about the program, please contact Katie Roden by emailing [email protected] Just a reminder, the Office of Catechesis and Evangelization is closed for the summer and will return mid-August, and they’ll begin returning messages then. Thank you!