Congratulations on the birth of your child!
We rejoice with you and look forward to welcoming your little one into the Family of God and the communion of the Holy Catholic Church. Baptisms are held on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month at 2:00PM (pre-registration is required).
If this is your first child
If you have never had a child baptized in the Catholic church, you will need to attend a mandatory baptism class offered on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 2:00pm. Both parents must attend the class. You may reserve your spot in the class by filling out the form in the yellow box at the bottom of this page.
If you have had previous child(ren) baptized in the Catholic Church –
In order to schedule a baptism, please complete the following steps:
- Download a St Michael Baptism Registration Form (only for parents who have had previous children baptized in the Catholic Church) and the Godparent Sponsor Letter for each godparent to fill out and have signed by their parish priest.
- Type directly into the form, save it and then attach it to an email to the parish office to return it
- Give the sponsor letters to your godparents and ask them to take them to their parish pastor for him to sign & stamp and then return to us
- Once all of the paperwork is received, you may then contact the parish office to choose a date.
A Word About Godparents/Sponsors –
- Only one sponsor is required, although two are traditional
- Each sponsor must be at least 16 years of age
- In the case of two sponsors, they must be of the opposite gender. The maximum number of sponsor is (2)
- A sponsor must be a fully initiated member of the Catholic Church, meaning they have received the Sacraments of Baptism, Holy Communion and Confirmation and if they are married, they are in a valid marriage recognized by the Catholic Church
- If your sponsors are not St. Michael parishioners, they will need to complete & submit this form to their parish to be signed by their parish priest, then submit the completed and signed form to the St. Michael Parish office via email, fax (614-885-8060) or US Mail.
- Non-Catholics may serve as a “Christian Witness”, but they must be baptized in a Christian faith recognized by the Catholic Church. Non-baptized persons may not officially serve as a sponsor of a child baptized into the Catholic faith
Godparents: if you are here because you’re serving as a godparent at a parish that requires you to attend a pre-baptism class and want to attend the pre-baptism class at St. Michael, click here to fill out the April 2019 Parent Baptism Class Registration Form.
For more information, please contact the Parish Office at [email protected] or (614) 885-7814.