Congratulations on the birth of your child! We rejoice with you and look forward to welcoming your little one into the Family of God and the communion of the Holy Catholic Church. Baptisms are held on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month following the 12:30 Mass.
Previously had Child(ren) baptized in the Catholic Church
In order to schedule a baptism, please complete the following steps:
- Call or email the parish office and request a baptism registration form and sponsor forms for your godparents.
- Type directly into the form, save it and then attach it to an email to the parish office to return it
- Give the sponsor letters to your godparents and ask them to take them to their parish pastor for him to sign & stamp and then return to us
- Once all of the paperwork is received, you may then contact the parish office to choose a date.
If you have never had a child baptized in the Catholic church (or if it has been several years), you will need to attend a mandatory baptism class offered on the 2nd Sunday of each month after the 12:30 Mass at 1:45pm. You may reserve your spot in the class by filling out the form below.
A Word About Godparents/Sponsors
- Only one sponsor is required, although two are traditional
- Each sponsor must be at least 16 years of age
- In the case of two sponsors, they must be of opposite gender. The maximum number of sponsor is (2)
- A sponsor must be a fully initiated member of the Catholic Church, meaning they have received the Sacraments of Baptism, Holy Communion and Confirmation and if they are married, they are in a valid marriage recognized by the Catholic Church
- If your sponsors are not St. Michael parishioners, they will need to contact their parish and request a letter to be sent to St. Michael stating they are active Catholics in good standing
- Non-Catholics may serve as a “Christian Witness”, but they must be baptized in a Christian faith recognized by the Catholic Church. Non-baptized persons may not officially serve as sponsor of a child baptized into the Catholic faith
For more information, please contact the Parish Office at [email protected] or (614) 885-7814.