The mission of any parish in the Catholic Church is to continue the threefold mission of Jesus Christ. We do this through Prayer and Sacrifice centered on the Eucharist for the Sanctification of Souls (Priestly Mission), Forming Disciples of Christ to Evangelize the world (Prophetic Mission), and through service to the poor and marginalized in Charity and Justice (Kingly/Royal Mission). At our parish there are a variety of ways in which we work together as a single community to bring this mission to fruition. All of the various parish Apostolates assist the whole of the parish in fullfilling this mission. They are all vital and it is through you parish support that can assist us meet the financial challenges that we meet. Whether we provide Sacramental needs, Bible studies, Adult or Youth Faith Formation, assistance to the poor, operating expenses–utilities, building maintenance and upkeep, staff salaries– your financial contributions to the parish are vital to help make it all happen.
Here are several ways to contribute toward the Mission of St. Michael Parish
Watch Your Giving Grow as You Help Us Grow Our Mission!
If you give through ParishSoft Online Giving—our secure online giving program, accessible from the church website—you can watch your giving grow this season… and throughout the year! When you create a login, your gift and pledge history will be stored so that you can access it at any time. This will allow you to accurately assess how much you’re giving to what so that you can make informed decisions and plan your future gifts. It also helps us in the church office; there’s much less processing for online gifts than for envelope gifts (which saves money)! You can use ParishSoft Online Giving—our secure online giving option accessible through our church website—to plan and give this season. You can use ParishSoft Online Giving for your regular tithes or to contribute to special funds.
The Bishop’s Annual Appeal kicked off on May 1st. The Appeal gives us the opportunity to support the good works and ministries that brings hope to many of our brothers and sisters throughout the 23 counties of our Diocese. There is still time to contribute! Please prayerfully consider how you are being called to help this year. Any funds raised over our goal come back to our parish for improvements and projects. You can donate online at the BAA website using the link below, or by using the envelopes that are available in Marian Hall.
The Catholic Foundation Endowment Funds
Supporting St. Michael Parish and School
“The Catholic Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization that receives and manages assets to provide perpetual funding for the parishes, schools and ministries within the 23-county Diocese of Columbus. The Foundation’s Board of Trustees is comprised of Church, business and civic leaders who represent various regions of the diocese.” (From The Catholic Foundation Website).
Contributions to the Catholic Foundation Endowments may be made by contacting the Catholic Foundation at their website.
Here are some of the Endowment Funds that have been set up for St. Michael Parish and School:
St. Michael Church Endowment Fund
This fund shall provide for the capital and operating needs of St. Michael Church, Worthington.
St. Michael Music Endowment Fund
This fund shall provide for the music ministry of St. Michael Parish, including, but not limited to maintenance and enhancements to the church’s pipe organ.
St. Michael Church Landscape Endowment Fund
This fund shall provide for the landscaping needs of the parish.
St. Michael Church Continuing Education for Religion Teachers Endowment Fund
This fund shall provide funding for the education of teachers of religion at St. Michael School and Parish.
St. Michael School Endowment Fund
This fund shall provide assistance in meeting the capital and operating needs of St. Michael School.
St. Michael Parish School Tuition Assistance Endowment Fund
This fund shall provide for not less than 85% of the distribution toward tuition assistance to deserving students attending St, Michael School. The remaining 15% of the distribution may be used to benefit teachers, programs, or other purposes directly related to the school.
St. Michael School Scholarship Endowment Fund
This fund shall provide tuition assistance to deserving students attending St. Michael School, Worthington, OH.
St. Michael Athletic Association Endowment Fund
This fund shall provide for uniforms, equipment, and the repair and maintenance of the athletic facilities associated with St. Michael Parish and School in Worthington, OH.
St. Michael Athletic Association Scholarship Endowment Fund
This fund shall award scholarships annually to graduating eighth graders, who participated in athletics at St. Michael School in Worthington, OH and who are attending a Catholic High School.