If you picked up a sponsor packet to Adopt a Family, remember to bring your gifts on December 1st starting at 9am.
SVDP Christmas Giving Tree Program – Most needed by December 9th
- The St Michael Parish St. Vincent de Paul Conference Christmas Giving Trees are up and ready to accept gifts for infants, toddlers, school-age children, teens and adults.
- Gifts are needed early this year as they will be distributed to our charities on Dec 9th and December 14th.
- The gifts should be NEW and UNWRAPPED. Gift ideas by age group are listed on informational flyers located near the trees. Put your gift in the appropriate box and hang a star on one of our trees.
- NEW THIS YEAR: In addition to the gifts we traditionally have collected, we will have an additional box to collect items to put in the stockings of children aged 4 to 12 served by the St. Lawrence Haven in Columbus.
- We are in need of:
- Travel-sized toiletry items – shampoo, toothpaste & toothbrush, body wash, bubble bath
- Small school supplies – pencils, small boxes of crayons, erasers
- Small toys – matchbox cars, small stuffed animals, card games, small Lego packages
- We thank you for all that you have done in the past in support of our neighbors. St. Michael Parishioners are known for their amazing generosity.
Thank you for your continued support and generosity!
Thank you in advance for your continued support and generosity!
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a Catholic lay organization that leads men and women to join together to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to the needy and suffering. The St. Michael conference of SVdP operates a food pantry and clothing room at the church. We also do home visits with those in need to provide spiritual support as well as needs assessments. Through the generosity of parishioners, we are able to help families with rent, utilities, medical needs, and household goods. We also assist in diocesan wide efforts to help those in need and to work towards systemic change.
Donations to St. Vincent de Paul/St. Michael Conference help provide direct assistance to the poor in the St. Michael community. Volunteers meet face to face with the poor to assess their needs. Some of the needs addressed by volunteers include: housing and utility assistance; job training and placement; and access to food, clothing, transportation and medical care. The National Council also makes grants to the local Conferences/Councils through its Domestic Disaster Relief Grants and the Friends of the Poor Grant Programs.
To “Rise Up Now!” and help the needy and suffering, please consider making a generous (tax deductible) donation with a check made out to St. Vincent de Paul/St. Michael Conference. You can drop it in with your regular contribution during Mass, drop it off at the parish office or by mailing it to:
St. Vincent de Paul/St. Michael Conference
5750 N High St
Worthington OH 43085
Thank you for your kindness and generosity!