Youth Group exists to have middle school and high school teens encounter Christ in a radical way with peers their own age. Teens will grow in their Catholic faith through prayer life, pilgrimages, catechesis, and social events. See below for more information including dates & times.
To “Rise Up Now!” and participate or help the program, or if you have any questions, please contact Meg Heller
Join us for some amazing activities throughout the year!
October 29th 7-9pm – Middle School and High School:
Halloween Fun Festival & Costume Contest
Our first ever L’alto event! (The first of hopefully many combined events with Immaculate Conception, Our Lady of Peace and St. Michael Parishes). St. Michael will be hosting a Halloween Fun Festival in the school gym! Costumes are necessary as there will be prizes given to the most creative costumes. We’ll have games and fall snacks/drinks will be sold. If you’re interested in helping in some capacity (set-up, chaperon, baking, tear down, wherever your gifts and talents lie) please fill out this google form and I’ll get back to you to see where you can be of the most help!
THE FIRST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH! 7- 8:30 p.m. – Family Adoration Nights
To make your already existing friendship Sunday even better at St. Michael, we’ll be having Family Adoration Nights! These nights will include a small talk/testimony, praise and worship, silence and quality time WITH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IN THE BLESSED SACRAMENT! Be prepared, this will be trans-formative for your family!! The entire family is welcome: Mom/Dad, grandparents, teens, college aged, babies, aunts, uncles, cousins – you get the idea!
These dates specifically are:
- November 5th
- December 3rd
- January 7th
- February 4th
- March 4th
- April 1st
- May 6th
Second, Fourth and Fifth (if there is one) Sundays are High School Youth Group Nights 7p-9p starting with October 14th
High School age teens encounter Christ in a radical way with peers their own age. Teens will grow in their Catholic faith through prayer life, pilgrimages, catechesis, and social events. St. Michael’s youth group will meet second, fourth and fifth (if there is one) Sunday of each month, September-May beginning at 7:00pm to 9:00pm in the Youth Ministry Room in the basement.
THIRD Sunday of every month is Middle School Nights from 7pm-9pm
Meet in the Youth Ministry room in the basement – all Middle School age kids are welcome to join in and grow in their Catholic faith on the third Sunday of each month from 7pm-9pm in a similar way to the High School Ministry but personalized for the needs of younger pre-teens and teens.
November 11-12- High School Men’s and Women’s Retreats:
Men’s Retreat- Created to Serve
- For details and to register sign up here – https://goo.gl/forms/XoL8ioO2e76GQfmp2
Women’s Retreat- Created to Create
- For details and to register sign up here- https://goo.gl/forms/y6mi1o6keU8tbcIN2
Both retreats will be held at Damascus Catholic Mission Campus (in separate areas of the campus). Transportation for this retreat is up to you! Carpools can happen between male and female students because of the same start and end time.
- Adam Boyden, the youth minister from St. Brendan, is taking the lead for the men’s retreat. I will be sending my male core team members to help lead and facilitate the retreat. If you need to contact Adam he said feel free to reach out to him. (614) 905-1635
- Teresa Whiteside, the youth minister from St. Andrew, and myself are taking the lead for the women’s retreat. My female core team members will also be with us!
Upon registering on the google form, I will follow-up with details for the retreat, details for payment, and the necessary paper work for your child to participate.
Additional Catholic Youth Summer Camp information:
- SUMMER 2018- As of this moment there are 27 high school spots and 35 middle school spots left for the summer of 2018. If you haven’t signed your child up yet, visit cysc.com. If you need some extra convincing, let me know, I would love to share with you my personal experience with the ministry and why I believe it is so important for the youth of our church!
- If you have a senior in high school who is interested in serving as a summer or full-time missionary next year, applications come out in December.
- Sign up for camp! cysc.com
- WINTER CAMP- First ever winter camp is happening this year.
- Middle School- 1/19-1/21
- High School- 2/9-2/11
- Sign up! damascuscampus.com/wintercamp