The primary purpose of the St. Michael Respect Life Committee is to promote the Church’s teachings on the dignity of human life, as outlined in The Gospel of Life. We are ready to work together with our pastor to pray, educate, shape public policy, and provide concrete assistance to women in crisis pregnancies.
To “Rise Up Now!” and be a part of our Respect Life efforts, please contact Kate Friess at [email protected]
Post-Abortion Healing Ministry
Bethesda Healing Ministry is a Catholic Christian Ministry of hospitality and healing. Through a community of love and acceptance, all men and women suffering the effects of an abortion are invited and supported.
For more information on Post-Abortion Healing Ministry, click on the above image.
Numbers to Know
- Pregnancy Helpline: 1-800-712-4357 or text “helpline” to 313131
- Suicide Line: 1-800-273-8255
- Human Trafficking: 1-800-373-7888
- Abortion Pill Reversal: 1-877-558-0333
Birthright of Columbus, a pregnancy support service, is holding the 26th Annual Luncheon on Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 11:00AM at Mozart’s Café, 4784 N. High St. There will be a Style Show, Silent Auction and Raffle. Tickets are $35. It’s a wonderful opportunity to support the pro-life movement and a great time for friends to socialize. For reservations call Peggy at 614-404-8106 or MaryJo at 614-235-7465. Reservation Deadline is September 17th.
40 Days for Life: The Fall 40 Days for Life Campaign will be held at the Planned Parenthood surgical abortion facility at 3255 E Main St, Columbus. This facility is currently central Ohio’s only surgical abortion facility. The campaign runs from Wednesday, September 26th until Sunday, November 4th and seeks to fill the hours of 7am until 7pm with peaceful, prayerful action. Please consider joining us for an hour on your own or organizing and adopting a day through your church. You can learn more about the campaign or sign up for a time at www.gcrtl.org/40-days-for-life or by calling 614-445-8508. St. Michael will be participating by sponsoring a day (to be determined). For more information regarding that, please contact Diane Vincent at 740-972-3242
The combined efforts of Greater Columbus Right to Life, The Catholic Diocese of Columbus’ Offices for Social Concerns and Marriage and Family Life, and FEMM Health are bringing the Building a Culture of Life Conference to central Ohio.
With an all-star lineup educators and leaders in the pro-life movement, each recognized as experts in their fields, attendees will get beyond the basics and drill down for an in-depth analysis of some of the biggest moral, medical, and legal issues of our day.
- 8:00 am: Mass (Optional): Fr. Noble (St. John Neumann), Celebrant
- 8:30 am: Registration Opens
- 9:00 am: Welcome & Opening Remarks – Mark Huddy & Jerry Freewalt
- 9:15 am: Foundation of Pro-Life Action – Gabrielle Jastrebski
- 10:15 am: Lost in the Labyrinth: Current State of Assisted Reproductive Technologies – Dr. Alicia Thompson
- 11:15 am: Advocating for Children and Youth With Disabilities – Mark Butler – Larry & Jackie Keough
- 12:00 pm: Lunch – & Networking
- 12:45 pm: Legislative Update– Jerry Freewalt
- 1:00 pm: End of Life Discussions and Directives –Peggy Wolock, Esq & Dr. Marian Schuda
- 2:00 pm: Answering the Hard Questions – Panel (Peggy Hartshorn, Beth Vanderkooi, Stephanie Rapp MSW, and Aaron Baer)
- 3:00 pm: Closing Prayers & Sending Forth
Scholarships are available for those who wish to attend but are prohibited by financial circumstances. If you wish to make scholarship arrangements or would like to pay be check, please contact Angelita Canlas at 614-241-2540.
This event is open to people of all faiths and ages – infants are welcome to attend – however, we do ask that parents considering bringing children to the conference understand that we have limited space and that there will not be room for younger children to stretch their legs or play. For more information & details, visit Building a Culture of Life Conference – Central Ohio