Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Respect Life Group will not be meeting at the Parish. The information below is for future reference.
Quote for human dignity:
“The human being is single, unique, and unrepeatable, someone thought of and chosen from eternity, someone called and identified by name.” Pope St. John Paul II
Pope St. John Paul II
As a gift from God, every human life is sacred from conception to natural death.
The primary purpose of the St. Michael Respect Life Committee is to promote the Church’s teachings on the dignity of human life, as outlined in The Gospel of Life. We are ready to work together with our pastor to pray, educate, shape public policy, and provide concrete assistance to women in crisis pregnancies.
To “Rise Up Now!” and be a part of our Respect Life efforts, please contact Kate Friess at [email protected]
Each October, the Church in the United States celebrates Respect Life Month, and the first Sunday of October is observed as Respect Life Sunday. As Catholics, we are called to cherish, defend, and protect those who are most vulnerable, from the beginning of life to its end, and at every point in between. During the month of October, the Church asks us to reflect more deeply on the dignity of every human life.
40 Days for Life is an internationally coordinated 40-day campaign that aims to end abortion locally through prayer and fasting, community outreach, and a peaceful all-day vigil in front of abortion businesses.
To sign up for vigil hours, click here
Get connected with the Greater Columbus Right to Life
- Married Love and the Gift of Life
- Contraception and Women’s Well Being
- Greater Access to Contraception Does Not Reduce Abortions
- From the Vatican: Humanae Vitae
- From the Vatican: Evangelium Vitae
Human persons are willed by God; they are imprinted with God’s image. Their dignity does not come from the work they do, but from the persons they are. Pope John Paul II
- Choose Life: Toward a Culture of Life in the New Millennium by Most Reverend Charles J. Chaput, OFM Cap.
- 40th World Day of Peace 2007, The Human Person, the Heart of Peace by Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
Human Trafficking Help: 1-800-373-7888
National Suicide Prevention: 1-800-273-8255
“If you desire peace in your hearts, in your homes, and in your country, assemble each evening to recite the Rosary.
Let not even one day pass without saying it, no matter how burdened you may be with many cares and labors.” -Pope Pius IX
- Deacon Bickerstaff : In The Defense of Catholic Marriage
- Theology of The Body Part 1 and 2
- Apostolic Journey of His Holiness Pope Francis to Sri Lanka & The Philippines
Assisted Suicide & Euthanasia
- Assisted Suicide – Voluntary to Involuntary
- Every Suicide is Tragic
- To Live Each Day with Dignity
- Killing the Pain
- End of Life Euthanasia
CC2324 “Intentional euthanasia, whatever its forms or motives, is murder. It is gravely contrary to the dignity of the human person and to the respect due to the living God, his Creator.”
- Pope Benedict on Human Life and Dignity
- Is Abortion Ever Permissible?
- Is A Baby Human From The Beginning?
- Speech to Congress by St. Teresa of Calcutta
Catholic Catechism 2270 ” Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person – among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life.72
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you.73
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth.74″
Healing from Abortion
- “With the friendly and expert help and advice of other people, and as a result of your own painful experience, you can be among the most eloquent defenders of everyone’s right to life. Through your commitment to life, whether by accepting the birth of other children or by welcoming and caring for those most in need of someone to be close to them, you will become promoters of a new way of looking at human life.“
-Pope St. John Paul II
- Forgiveness and Healing After Abortion
- Post-Abortion Healing is Possible
Crisis Pregnancy Resources
Pregnancy Decision Health Centers located in Central Ohio provides pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, extended care, post-abortive healing, and various other resources for women (and men) experiencing unplanned pregnancies. Hotline: 614-444-4411
Women’s Care Center provides free, confidential counseling, support, and education to women facing unplanned pregnancies. Helpline: 1-877-908-2341
Birthright offers love, friendship, and support to women who are pregnant or think they may be pregnant. Helpline: 1-800-550-4900
Optionline is a national hotline that offer pregnancy help.
Helpline: 1-800-712-4357 or text “Helpline” to 313131
Abortion Pill Reversal: 1-877-558-0333
Post-Abortion Healing Ministries
It’s normal to grieve a pregnancy loss, including the loss of a child by abortion. It can form a hole in one’s heart, a hole so deep that sometimes it seems nothing can fill the emptiness.
You are not alone…
“America you are beautiful . . . and blessed . . . . The ultimate test of your greatness is the way you treat every human being, but especially the weakest and most defenseless. If you want equal justice for all and true freedom and lasting peace, then America, defend life.” ~ Pope John Paul II
Saint John Paul II
“It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.”
Saint Teresa of Calcutta
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”